Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Lights, Camera, Action!

The main characters from one of my favorite films "Trainspotting"


My name is Loren Halsall and I am currently a senior at Champlain College. Im from Westchester County New York, which is about 45 minutes north of New York City by train. My town sits close to the Hudson river, and for the past 6 summers I have worked as a lifeguard at a beach on the Croton river. I am a secondary social studies education major, but wish to incorporate film into my field of study. I was raised with the notion that film can be an incredibly powerful tool that can provide a number of functions. My goal as a prospective educator is to eventually teach History through film, or to create a class based around combining history and film. I believe that students will be able to synthesize the material being taught to them if they can visualize it in some way. Once I graduate Champlain, I hope to attend graduate school in New York City. Then I will see where the road takes me...

3 comments:

  1. I really respect your opinions on film being incorporated and used as such an educative tool. I have taken many classes on the matter, and would like to share my video with you on Renaissance which I think is wonderfully splendid-please contact me at hipsterlove17@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cobain deh join DI SINI buat dapetin uang lebih

    ReplyDelete